Friday, December 18, 2009

WoW Moviewatch: Ballad of the Green Beret





The Ballad of the Green Beret has been one of my favorite songs since childhood. I've always been enthralled by song's epic poetry and steadfast resolve of its descriptions. When I saw ThreePipeProblem's World of Warcraft video take on the song, I instantly fell in love. While this piece features the same music that we all know, the creator used the backdrop of Azeroth to create a music video for the ballad.

The video actually does a surprisingly good job of translating the themes and emotions of the original song into the Azeroth universe. ThreePipeProblem used a lot of great Wrath of the Lich King imagery that speaks to ideas like dedication and bravery. Even the shots of Shattrath convey a wonderful martial, patriotic feel.

This video is likely to sit in my Favorites folder for a long time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Template by:
Free Blog Templates